Depp Burton News
Welcome to Depp/Burton Forum. It only takes a minute to register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Depp Burton News
Welcome to Depp/Burton Forum. It only takes a minute to register.
Depp Burton News
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rob Marshall

2 posters

Go down

Rob Marshall Empty Rob Marshall

Post by lala Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:54 am

I am not sure about this Rob Marshall as Director for Pirates, but my question is why is Disney so slow at naming the Director it seems we get news of this from every where except Disney. Don't get me wrong I am glad the have a Director but it would be nice if we heard it from Disney first.

lala

Back to top Go down

Rob Marshall Empty RE: Rob Marshall

Post by CC Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:01 am

am not sure about this Rob Marshall as Director for Pirates, but my question is why is Disney so slow at naming the Director it seems we get news of this from every where except Disney. Don't get me wrong I am glad the have a Director but it would be nice if we heard it from Disney first.
I personally think that Disney is going through so many changes right now that they don't know their arse from their elbow. I am a huge Disney fan and love all their movies but I am a little agitated by their current state of affairs. Cook was very much the true Disney man who believed that announcements should be made by Disney and not other sources, having said that in this Internet age it is very difficult to keep secrets. What I don't understand is how a Director could reveal what is obviously a big deal that he is Directing Pirates 4 without their first being an official announcement by Disney.

Reasons for this could be the change in management and ideas maybe to them their is no longer a need for Hush Hush until the right moment and that once they hire someone that person can tell the hole world. It could also be that maybe they had not yet made their decision yet before announcing a Director and Rob Marshal is jumping the gun. Alternatively it could be that with Cooks departure none of the Disney executives are currently communicating with each other.

It amazes me that in the 4th Quarter meeting Igar announced the he would soon be naming the Director without actually naming him and yet Rob Marshall is already telling everyone that his is the Director. It's not that Disney is going down hill it just seems that they are a little unorganized of late.

Look at the Mad Hatter Facebook page this is typical Disney getting all the fans involved in their films but what seems to be lacking is the timing of it all, promising exclusive content that is already on the Internet. The problem here is the timing of the Cinema preview release with the timing of the Mad Hatter exclusive which was way out of sync and I think under cook this would not have happened.

Back to Marshall if he is in fact the Director then I think Disney needs to get back into sync and start communicating.

Thoughts anyone?
CC
CC
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down