Depp Burton News
Welcome to Depp/Burton Forum. It only takes a minute to register.

If you are new - please put your name here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If you are new - please put your name here!

Post by Psychic Writer on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:16 am

Hello everyone - welcome to our forum.

If you are new - please can you put your name here.

Also tell us a little bit about yourself. Smile
Psychic Writer
Moderators
Moderators

http://www.janicecooke.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are new - please put your name here!

Post by Psychic Writer on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:25 am

I will start by telling you a little bit about myself Smile

I am old - lol - and live in the UK. I was born in London but now live down South in a beautiful place called Devon.

I am married, have three children, eight grandchildren and six great grandchildren Razz I am far too young to be placed in this position Smile

I love all animals and have an eight year old rescue cat called Kitty. She is a very vocal and talkative cat and I love her to bits Exclamation

I do lots of charity work and raise money for various good causes including Animals In Distress which is a local charity and relies heavily on donations. I also support Child Abuse Charities such as the NSPCC.

Although I am old Very Happy I work really hard and travel all over the UK attending various functions. I hope I never have to stop working as I love it Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

My job is complex and very personal. I don't think I want to say too much about it at this stage but suffice to say there is a clue in my username Wink I will elaborate on it if anyone is interested - but for the moment my lips are sealed Wink

My favourite hobby is reading. I calculated the other day that in my lifetime - I have read over 88,816 books. Shocked

So that is just a little about me - please jump in with snippets about yourself. I am sure you have something interesting to say Very Happy xx
Psychic Writer
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

NEW TO THE SITE

Post by heaven332000 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:47 am

[b]Hello, my name is Trish. Yes I'm a newbie. I am a mother of 10 children 5 of which are my own and 5 that are my step children. I enjoy good music, good actors (by good I mean they really have to be good) I love to laugh and enjoy friends and family. I'm really into the unknown and LOVE the Greek and Roman Era.
heaven332000

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychic Writer on Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:38 pm

Welcome Trish, It's nice to hear a little about yourself.

Wow - 10 children! How wonderful. You must have the patience of a saint;-)

I too enjoy good music - oh and good food lol.

Laughter is very important and I suspect you are a little into the things that I like to do.

The Greek and Roman Era are fascinating and I wonder whether you have a past life to one or both of these.....

How interesting.

Once again - welcome aboard Trish, you know where I am should you need to ask anything. x
Psychic Writer
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychic Writer on Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:39 pm

I know there have been a lot of people who have joined - so please, please tell us about yourselves. We would love to hear about YOU Exclamation

It is cold here in the UK. We have had flooding as it has rained nonstop for days and days. I don't think we had a summer this year Crying or Very sad

I am off to Cornwall for a three day working fair. Will take my laptop with me and hope I can get a reception. Rolling Eyes

Love to you all xxxx Smile
Psychic Writer
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Thank you

Post by heaven332000 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:31 am

[b]Thank you. Yes the 10 kids definately keep me busy, along with working, and my schooling. It's weird you would talk about a pass life in the Greek and Roman Era, I have wondered myself if maybe I have especially with my obssesion with the Archangels (in which I'm writing a fictional book on right now) the art of that time just sends shivers up and down me. I'm so obssessed with angels that my house is nothing but. I feel that they are tied closly into the Greek and Roman Era and maybe thats why I love the culture so much.
heaven332000

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychic Writer on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:05 am

Well looking at you Trish - I can see you are a very spiritual soul, and am sure you have had many past lives. How fascinating that you are writing a book about Archangels. I met someone last weekend who is writing a book about an angel who came down to earth and fell in love with a mortal. She had some great ideas for other books too.

Our weather here is sooooo cold at the moment. Lots of rain then turning to ice. Brrrr rendeer Laughing
Psychic Writer
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

ME!! I AM AWESOME!!!

Post by Awesomeperson11 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:07 am

Hi!!! Im awesomeperson11 and im 13.. Yep, only 13. I dont live in England but i LOVE Devon Very Happy
And im shocked that this awesome site doesnt have an awesomeface smiley. Depp and Burton are totally awesome too, cant wait to see Alice in Wonderland.
Also for my forum, check out http://spamalot.forummotion.com it should lead you to a cheery light-blue forum with a banner saying "SPAMLAND"
(Btw, I'm a spammer so if i become an active member here plz dont blame me if you see every post is last psted by me whenever you log in Razz (And by spammer i mean post spammer, not advertizing spammer))

Awesomeperson11

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychic Writer on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:40 am

Well welcome to you Awesomeperson. You are obviously travelled so perhaps you can tell us where you live now please Question

Am happy that you want to be an active member as there are lots of forums for you to check out.

I read in the local paper yesterday that on the 24th or 25th of February, Johnny is in London at Leicester Square for the premier of Alice In Wonderland.

I was thinking of popping up to London to see him but don't know how long I will be hanging around. Would be nice if I could make some friends up there as the time passes quickly then Very Happy
Psychic Writer
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

hello my name is linda i live in the usa ilove all johnny depp movies i have 13 + grandkids and im yong at heart.

Post by tootiepooper on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:46 am

Psychic Writer wrote:I know there have been a lot of people who have joined - so please, please tell us about yourselves. We would love to hear about YOU Exclamation

It is cold here in the UK. We have had flooding as it has rained nonstop for days and days. I don't think we had a summer this year Crying or Very sad

I am off to Cornwall for a three day working fair. Will take my laptop with me and hope I can get a reception. Rolling Eyes

Love to you all xxxx Smile

Last edited by tootiepooper on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i think i miss spelled a word)

tootiepooper

Back to top Go down

johnny depp

Post by tootiepooper on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:00 am

my name is linda ! i live in the usa. i love everything johnny depp. i have 13+ grandkids im not that old but i do have that many. i think he is right to protect his family not to have family photos posted. i would not do it . im young at heart always have been . well keep the great movies coming . cannot wait see the alice in wonderland oooh the madhatter i want to see! thanks love and god bless you! linda

tootiepooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychic Writer on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:46 am

Hello Linda and a very warm welcome to you too. 13 grandchildren - wow! I have 8 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren and thought I was doing well. lol Very Happy
Well AIW has the premiere here in the UK tomorrow and I was going to go to London to try and see JD. Unfortunately I haven't been too well as have had a few strokes last year and now I am under the weather with flu and a hacking cough. Crying or Very sad I am really upset at having to miss it but will watch it on the televsion hopefully. Take care and hope you have a good old trawl around the lovely JD and TB site. xxx
Psychic Writer
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonnabe007 on Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:20 pm

It seems that there has not been much activity on this board for a year or more. Is this site actually affiliated with Tim Burton and Johnny Depp or is it just a fan-made forum?

Regardless, I am a fan and I love their work! I am a 44 year old woman in Ontario Canada and even though my son is now a man on his own, I intend on dragging him to see POC4 with me. He grew up with the first three and he knows I have seen every Depp movie ever made.

I loved Sweeney Todd just as much as I enjoyed Sleepy Hollow and my husband can't watch What's Eating Gilbert Grape because the woman who played the mother, reminds him of his own mother who has now passed. Every movie that man has done, has impacted my thoughts in one way or another.

I didn't care for the Secret Window because I am a writer and it scared me - but I loved Don Juan DeMarco (because Depp plays sexy so well) and Cry Baby (since I loved Elvis and it was a parody that made me smile). I'm not obsessed - but I make a point to watch Depp and Burton's older movies whenever they are on tv and they are the only people I feel are justified in getting my money at the box office when new films come out.

I loved Alice in Wonderland and went 3 times to see it. I even took my mother who isn't normally impressed with 3D.

Ultimately, Depps' portrayal of Jack Sparrow is my favourite. I imagine there is a lot of the real Depp in that character, otherwise it would not come off so convincingly. He is the ultimate dangling carrot for women of all ages. In both real life and in the movie, he is that mysterious, slightly dangerous yet charmingly vulnerable character who is unattainable no matter how strongly he is pursued.

I can't wait to pursue his next movie!

Gonnabe007

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychic Writer on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Hello Gonnababe007.

I am still around but the person who actually made the forum has disappeared into the wide blue yonder Very Happy

Firstly - it is not affiliated with Johnny Depp or Tim Burton - sorry Crying or Very sad So yes, it's a fan made forum. However initially I said I would help out - and then I find myself on here alone Crying or Very sad

Secondly - no-one seems to bother to drop by - but if someone does, like you, then I will always come and say hello to you Smile

I like the points you make about why you don't much like the Secret Window - as a writer myself - I think I must agree with you Laughing

My favourite film is Finding Neverland when JD looks practically normal for a change Smile

However I love all his work and think that JD and TB work well together. They have a certain eccentricity which works for them. Laughing

Thank you for taking the time to comment on here.
cheers
Psychic Writer
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum